Ok, this is my first experience blogging with a recipe – let’s see if I can get the ingredients right! This is a go-to recipe for me when I want something flavourful, but easy on the tummy. If my gut is giving me trouble, this is the first dinner I make to calm IBS symptoms down. Originally a Weight Watchers recipe, I’ve heavily adjusted it so that it is FODMAP friendly.
- 1 package ground turkey
- 2 – 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes (check the can ingredients listing to make sure that’s the only ingredient as onion and garlic is commonly added)
- 1 Tsp cumin
- Rice pasta – I cook the entire 340g package of Tinkyada rice pasta and refrigerate leftovers.
Here’s a photo of the ingredients, all laid out. Don’t worry if your can of fire roasted tomatoes is bigger, or if you have slightly more ground turkey than specified. It’s one of those recipes where you can’t really mess up.
- Start the water for pasta. Cook pasta while preparing sauce.
- Brown turkey in olive oil – make sure the meat is starting to get crispy brown as this adds flavour. Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes. The husband isn’t a fan of chunky bits of tomatoes, so I add half the can as is, and then use my wand blender on the remainder in the can to make it more ‘saucey’.
- Add Cumin, stir and sauté. When pasta is done, serve.
And that’s it! Simple, yummy and FODMAP friendly – what more can you ask for? Oh yeah! – The leftovers are great too – I’ll often double the recipe to make sure there are leftovers in the fridge for weekday lunches.